Get latest updates From Inside OAU Media !
Resumption of JUPEB students for the conclusion of the 2019/2020 session of the JUPEB programme
The Obafemi Awolowo University Centre for Distance Learning has announced the date for resumption of JUPEB students of the institute for the conclusion of the academic session.
In a circular released by the Administrative Secretary through Mr T.O Faniran, the affected students are to resume on the 13th and 14th of August, 2020. Quoting the statement written in the circular gotten by InsideOAU media correspondent,
”At the instance of management, center for distance learning , I write to inform you that students of the joint universities preliminary examinations board (JUPEB) program are to resume from Thursday , 13th August, 2020 in the following order:
BCP Combination only: Thursday 13th 2020
Other Combinations: Friday 14th 2020
To make this resumption as hitch free as possible in the face of the ongoing pandemic, the Centre has put various measures in place. These include:
- pedal operated handwash machines
- infrared thermometers
- customized face masks, which students who do not come with their own face masks can obtain at the cost of five hundred naira (Ν500.00) for a pair; and
- arrangements for social distancing in the hostels and classrooms.
In addition to the above, parents should kindly take note of the following items of information.
- All returning students are to report in the school and not to their respective hostels;
- every student must obtain a Clearance from the School before being allowed in the hostel;
- students should come with light loads; and
- every student must come to school with personal face masks and hand sanitizers which will be checked at the point of entry.
Finally, dear parents, these are challenging times for every organization, Management would therefore like to encourage parents to support the Centre’s efforts aimed at keeping Covid-19 off its campus by donating more face masks and hand sanitizers to the Centre. These can be forwarded through your wards or forwarded directly to the Centre of Distance Learning Obafemi Awolowo University, Moro Campus. Your generosity will be greatly appreciated.
While we wish your wards great success in their upcoming examinations, please accept the assurances of our highest regards.”
This is coming after the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 announced a 4-week extension of the gradual ease of lockdown for Phase two.
We wish all affected students a happy resumption in advance.
Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!
Leave a Comment