Get latest updates From Inside OAU Media !
Barrister Olasunkanmi Aremu Olaleye ( Hon commissioner for education, science and technology) releases a circular letter to Heads of Oyo State-owned tertiary institutions and heads of private tertiary institutions in the state .
In his letter, he said the Governor Seyi Makinde has approved the reopening of state-owned and private tertiary in the state for regular academic activities from Monday, 28th September, 2020.
He also gave guidelines that each tertiary institution Management is expected to strictly comply with . The guidelines given are as follows;
- Academic board/Senate should fix individual date of resumption for individual school from Monday, 28t September, 2020.
- Resumption should be in phases
- Schools to consider e-learning option.
- Institutions are to organize training for students and lecturers before resumption .
- Each institution is to ensure community sensitization on the prevention and spread of COVID-19.
- Each institution is to ensure not more than 50% lecture room population capacity.
- Each institution is to ensure that visitors comply strictly with COVID-19 guidelines.
- Each institution is to create a Hold-on Room to handle/manage emergencies.
- Institutions are to set up committees to monitor compliance with COVID-19 guidelines within and outside the institutions.
- Each institution should mandatorily appoint COVID-19 task force that will work directly with the health institutions created for the purpose in each zone and link their activities with the state COVID-19 team .
Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!
Leave a Comment