Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, says no death was recorded in Tuesday night attack in the Lekki toll gate area of Lagos State.

The governor made this known in a live broadcast on Wednesday morning, saying two critically wounded victims had been operated on and were in stable condition while others with “mild to moderate” cases are still receiving treatments at various hospitals in the area.

Get 100% prepared with IOI CBT post-UTME practice. We have curated likely questions for 2022/2023 OAU post-UTME exam to help you pass the upcoming UTME exams. Grab this opportunity to practice on our platform for free. Click here to get started to get

Sanwo-Olu, who admitted that soldiers opened fire on #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate area last night in a bid to disperse them, said he is currently engaging the leadership of the Nigerian Army on the development.

He noted that as a governor of the state, the control of military forces was not under his purview.

Get latest updates From Inside OAU Media !

Join 10,000+ Inside OAU Media Subscribers and start receiving important updates & gist to your Mail

Sanwo-Olu said, “For clarity, it is imperative to explain that no sitting governor controls the rules of engagement of the military. I have, nonetheless, ordered an investigation into the rules of engagement adopted by men of the Nigerian Army that were deployed to the Lekki toll gate last night.

Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through [email protected] or click here to submit to submit guest post
READ ALSO :-  Report: Governance Declines in Nigeria, Other Parts of Africa

“This is with a view to take this up with higher commands of the Nigerian Army and to seek the intervention of Mr President in his capacity to as the Commander-In-Chief to unravel the sequence of events that happened yesterday (Tuesday) night.

“Fellow Lagosians, whilst we pray for the swift recovery of the injured, we have not recorded any fatality as against the widespread circulation on social media.”

“Myself and the leadership of the ministry of health have been going round. Indeed, we went round the hospitals last night. We went round mortuaries last night to see and to monitor for ourselves what has happened and to look and identified the injured protesters.

“We personally visited the hospitals that took in these patients. 10 patients at the General Hospital in Lagos, 11 patients were at the two locations of the Reddington Hospitals both in Lekki and Victoria Island,” he said, adding others sets were at various hospitals in the Lekki area.

READ ALSO :-  OAU orders second batch to resume Monday

“I want to expressly say that over the night, two of them had to go through surgery and I am happy to say that they are all stable and they are recovering very well. Quite a number of others are just mild to moderate states

“Indeed, three of them had been discharged this morning and I am told that additional three to four will be discharged anytime from now.”

Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!

Get latest updates From Inside OAU Media !

Join 10,000+ Inside OAU Media Subscribers and start receiving important updates & gist to your Mail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Instagram