Get latest updates From Inside OAU Media !
Education is Key! Education is Power! Education is Light!
I once heard someone say “Education is the antidote for ignorance”. Would this be true? Certainly it is!
A good number of Nigerians usually seek to further their Education abroad every year. Some end up not applying due to financial constraints, while others get the opportunity to study abroad, because they were smart enough to apply for scholarships.
Below are scholarship opportunities for Postgraduate courses. If you’re a Nigerian who has just graduated from the University, and you wish to go further by getting a Masters degree, see what is attainable below:
University of Toronto – Canada is offering the Dean’s Information Scholarships to individuals who are willing to pursue a degree program at
the Institution. The University of Toronto in Canada will provide a
scholarship of $5,000 to all the deserving awarded applicants with the
highest average based on academic merit.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: $5,000.
Number of Awards: 5 per year
1. Applicants must hold the award and recipients must remain registered for full-time.
2. Applicants must be full fee-paying Canada or international students
3. Applicants must be incoming full-time students enrolling in the Master of Information degree
How To Apply: Submit a complete application for admission to the MI program by January 31 of any year. It is the responsibility of applicants to notify referees of any early deadlines for submission of documents to be considered for entrance awards consideration.
Visit The official website For More Information
Study In UK: University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation full Scholarships, 2021/2022 – Apply Now
Applications for the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom MasterCard Foundation fully-funded Scholarship Programme for the 2021/2022 academic session has commenced.
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarship will provide full scholarships, including accommodation costs, living costs, travel, and tuition fees to students taking courses on campus at Edinburgh.
60 Scholars from other MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program institutions will also benefit from participating in a number of online distance learning Masters programmes offered by the University of Edinburgh. As well as receiving an excellent education at one of the top-ranked universities in the world, undergraduate Scholars will:
1. Participate in the United Kingdom and Africa based Summer Schools;
2. Complete a course on African development;
3. Engage in a volunteering project in their home country;
4. Undertake a work-based placement in the UK;
5. Receive support on their return to their home country; and
6. Following their graduation, around 50% of our undergraduate Scholars will then be supported to complete distance learning Masters degrees after their return to Africa.
Eligible Countries: African countries (including Nigeria)
To be taken at (country): Scotland, United Kingdom
Scholarship Type: Postgraduates
Postgraduate Courses: Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate programs:
1. MSc Africa and International Development
2. MSc Environment and Development
3. MSc Global Health Policy
4. LLM Human Rights
5. MA Design for Change
6. MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
7. MSc Carbon Finance
Eligibility for the University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholarships:
You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. We prefer that applicants apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University. Please see the section on applying below for more information;
1. You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country, whose personal circumstances would make accepting an offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult. 2. Applications from Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zimbabwe are particularly welcome;
3. You must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community; and
4. You are able to present economically disadvantaged circumstances and be able to show that you lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in your home country or elsewhere.
The scholarship may be terminated at any time when an unsatisfactory progress report is received from the School or if the scholarship holder ceases to be registered as a full-time student at the University of Edinburgh.
University of Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholarships Selection Criteria:
The scholarships are competitive and awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. Applicants financial, personal, and family circumstances will also be taken into account.
Applicants must also be committed to returning to Africa following their graduation to give back to their home community and country.
Postgraduate masters Scholars will:
1. Complete six courses followed by the production of a dissertation;
2. Participate in a retreat designed to nurture leadership skills;
3. Attend a short Summer School; and
4. Undertake an internship that will include reflective learning.
Online distance Masters Scholars will:
Undertake a range of online distance Masters degrees which will be available to 60 Scholars from Edinburgh MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program institutions.
Duration of Scholarship: Complete the duration of any programme.
How to Apply: All applicants must apply for the scholarship first through our online application form and, if successful, will be assisted in the process of applying for admission to the University.
To start the application, visit the Online application form click on “Register” and proceed to complete the application form.
Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!
Leave a Comment