If you see any “hustler” today or someone who wants to make ends meet, they’d probably tell you they’d like to go to Lagos to work and make their own fair share of the National cake and their reasons aren’t far fetched.
In this post, we will be discussing some astonishing facts about the commercial City of Nigeria, Lagos.
- Despite being the commercial City (Lagos) of the Nation it remains the smallest state among the other 36 states in the country with a landmass area of 3,345 square kilometers.
- It is the most populated state in the country with a whopping figure of about 21 million people. According to statistics, about 1200 people find their way to Lagos daily. And I’m sure you know the reasons why? For the Mullah! Ego!
- The economy is strong if it were a county it would have been the 5th largest economy in Africa. Isn’t that amazing? The smallest state is among the top 5 largest economies in Africa and remember it just a state, it not a country.
- Lagos state hosts the tallest building in West Africa, NECOM house towers and it is 160m above the city. Don’t get it twisted!
Similar post: Where do names of weekdays come from? Check to see
- Lagos port is responsible for processing 80% of goods in Nigeria.
- The Third Mainland Bridge which connects Lagos Island to the mainland was the longest in Africa measuring 11.8 km until 1996. Built by Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, the official name of the bridge is Ibrahim Babangida Bridge.
- It is the richest state in Nigeria, the home to 2 main seaports and the busiest airport. The seaports are Lagos Port Complex, Tin Can Island and the airport is the Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos.
WhatsApp Status is a featured used by all. Check which category you fall in9 Categories of WhatsApp Status Viewers in Nigeria: Which one do…
- Lagos, the capital of Nigeria since its amalgamation in 1914, went on to become the capital of Lagos State after its creation. However, the state capital was later moved to Ikeja in 1976, and the federal capital moved to Abuja in 1991
- Being a coastline state, it has over 30 beaches at its reach .
- It truly the “Centre of Excellence” depicting its motto.
You shouldn’t miss: