A three-year program called Nigeria Media Innovation Program (NAMIP) is aimed at increasing capacity, generating sustainable and diversified revenues, and building audiences for independent media in Nigeria, particularly those that serve marginalized populations. It was launched in February of 2022 and aims to increase the financial viability of media organizations in order to maintain their editorial independence.
Although the independent media are suffering in Nigeria as in many other developing countries, audiences lack access to a wide range of credible sources of news and information. Many media are unable to establish new revenue streams and attract audiences that are essential for their future if they lack the capacity and financial means to experiment and innovate with business models and new goods. The situation was exacerbated and hastened by Covid-19. NAMIP, a program supported by the MacArthur Foundation, aims to assist media organizations in increasing revenues, experimenting with new economic models, and developing a strong sense of fiscal responsibility. A strong community of partnership and collaboration will also be built by participating media.
Summary of Scholarships
Get latest updates From Inside OAU Media !
Join 10,000+ Inside OAU Media Subscribers and start receiving important updates & gist to your Mail
- Level of Study: Entrepreneurs
- Institution(s): Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF)
- Study in: Nigeria
- Program Period: 3 years
- Deadline: May 31, 2022
Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through [email protected]
Coverage of Scholarships
People who apply for NAMIP’s grants get up to $50,000 for their projects, as well as access to mentorship and training, and the chance to join a supportive network of organizations that share their goals.
- The first NAMIP Innovation Challenge for Nigerian media is now accepting applications. NAMIP’s three-year innovation and capacity building program will pay winners up to $50,000 for their projects.
- We are looking for creative news and information products from media organizations who are applying for the Innovation Challenge.
- Explore digital platforms and technology for reaching and connecting with a wider audience; or
- Is it more important to create fresh revenue streams or long-term business models?
- Is there someone we need to find?
- You may be an established independent media company, a non-profit organization, or a brand new business idea just getting its legs under you.
- We’re searching for firms and organizations with a clear mission that are eager to experiment with innovative methods of delivering local news and information.
- Applicants with non-traditional journalistic and media backgrounds, such as those in the fields of technology, design, and business, are strongly encouraged to apply.
How can I apply for a scholarship at Nigeria Media Innovation Program (NAMIP) Scholarship 2022?
Interested in learning more and being qualified? To apply, visit the Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF) page on airtable.com.
Scholarship Official Website
Visit the official Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF) website to learn more.
Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!