Many brilliant low-income students in Nigeria merely need financial support and information to improve their educational prospects. For the 11th year, the US Embassy in Nigeria seeks low-income students who are academically qualified and highly motivated (OFP) OFP’s aim is to help talented and determined low-income students who are eligible for financial aid from US schools and universities but cannot afford the upfront costs of admission. OFP works closely with students through regular meetings and seminars to help them gain admission and scholarships to US colleges and institutions. For its participants, OFP pays for the application process, including registration fees for mandatory standardized tests. OFP expects students to dedicate their time and attention to the program in order to fulfill their ambitions of studying in America.
Summary of Scholarships
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): EducationUSA Opportunity Funds
- Study in: United States of America
- Program Period: 4 years
- Deadline: April 30, 2022
Get latest updates From Inside OAU Media !
Join 10,000+ Inside OAU Media Subscribers and start receiving important updates & gist to your Mail
Coverage of Scholarships
Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through [email protected]
For its participants, OFP pays for the application process, including registration fees for mandatory standardized tests.
- Nigerians from all states are welcome to apply. To fully participate in the program, students must be able to visit our offices in Abuja or Lagos monthly.
- Their goal is to get spots and financial aid to start studying in the US in August 2022.
- NOTE: Applicants must be in SS3 if WAEC results are not available. The results must be from May/June WAEC.
- Students who have already started University are ineligible.
- Given the restricted resources, OFP finalists are chosen by lottery. We want candidates with:
- Excellent academic record
- Strong extracurricular participation
- Taking on leadership roles
- Excellent volunteerism
- Money Issues
Interested parties must submit:
- Application Form
- Undergraduate Applicants – Result of WAEC “O” Level (from WAEC website). If available, provide Cambridge A’Level or IGSCE results.
- Attach your final year and degree results if you are a graduate (if available) Only 1st Class (STEM majors preferred).
- Recommendation letters Applicants: Ask a teacher or your school administration to write a letter of recommendation for you. Please don’t offer a generic testimonial that doesn’t mention you by name.
- Graduate Applicants: Name and contact information for a lecturer, professor, or department head.
- Applicants: Send a scanned copy of your JS1-SS3 transcript, including your mock and first term results.
- Graduates– Send a scanned copy of your transcripts with a 4.5 or above GPA.
- Essays: Write two 250–300 word essays, one from each group. Les essay topics will be on your application form. (The form will have essay topics.)
How can I apply for EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP) 2023?
- Are you enthusiastic and well-qualified? Visit opportunityfundsnigeria.org to apply for EducationUSA Opportunity Funds
- [email protected] or [email protected] can be used to inquire about programs.
Scholarship Official Website
Visit the official website EducationUSA to apply
Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!