For graduate students and young professionals, the Office of the Rector’s Junior Fellows Internship Program focuses on establishing a vibrant, challenging, and gratifying experience. The UN system as a whole and the Office of the Rector will benefit from the efforts of the successful candidates.
Training, mentorship, and hands-on experience are the building blocks of a successful and useful internship in this program. In the first week of the program, new junior fellows are introduced to UNU, their coworkers, the facilities, and the working methods of the Office of the Rector. Those wishing to work for the United Nations can use the skills and experience they gain at this internship to their advantage. It is expected that junior fellows at the Office of the Rector would receive useful work experience while making a significant contribution to the UNU mission through their work.
Summary of Scholarships
Get latest updates From Inside OAU Media !
Join 10,000+ Inside OAU Media Subscribers and start receiving important updates & gist to your Mail
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): United Nations University (UNU)
- Study in: Japan
- Program Period: 5 Years
- Deadline: May 29, 2022
Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through [email protected]
Coverage of Scholarships
- Each month, UNU Junior Fellow Interns are eligible to 1.5 days of paid leave.
- Office space and other amenities are made available to internship participants as needed.
- For their time spent traveling to and from UNU headquarters each week, the interns are provided with a living allowance.
- The UNU headquarters library is made available to them.
- They are entitled to free use of the UNU headquarters’ fitness center.
- The following are some of the qualifications that are taken into account in each application process. The contender for this position:
- postgraduate studies (master’s or doctorate) are presently being pursued or have recently been completed (within two years of application), particularly in an area that is associated with University activities;
- at the time of application, is not older than 32 years old;
- must not have worked in their field for more than five years;
- can speak and write fluently in English, both written and spoken
- can conduct thorough and accurate research, write clearly, and analyze data effectively;
- has the ability to work well with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures;
- demonstrated inventiveness and resourcefulness in overcoming problems;
- knowledge of ICT tools and competency in Microsoft Excel are a plus; experience with MS Office apps is preferred.
- has shown a keen interest in the activities of the United Nations, and in particular the United Nations University.
How can I apply for United Nations University 2022 Internship Programme for African Graduates?
Is this something you’re interested in and qualified for? Visit careers.unu.edu to apply to the United Nations University (UNU).
Scholarship Official Website
For more details, visit UNU website
Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!