The Ericsson Innovation Awards competition is open to university students of all ages based anywhere on earth. It seeks to recognize innovative concepts that uses technology in solving global challenges. The theme for this year’s innovation award is “Impact Our Sustainable Future”. Selected participants will be required to share their big future of food idea as the organizers are looking for ideas that will contribute to the Future of Food. However, the ideas are to be technical because the solution needs to involve ICT.
Imagine decreasing food shortages while cleaning up oceans or addressing fashion waste while supporting gender equality. Taking inspiration from the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs), identify an interconnected challenge to tackle with your team and create a new innovative tech solution that can make a lasting change.
Innovations come in all sizes, from simple changes in code that could redefine future networks to complex technological advances that will advance humanitarian efforts worldwide. Now is the time to develop your idea to give it the best chance of having an impact by entering the Ericsson Innovation Awards (EIA). Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. They create game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale in satisfaction of consumer’s needs.
Get latest updates From Inside OAU Media !
Join 10,000+ Inside OAU Media Subscribers and start receiving important updates & gist to your Mail
Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through [email protected]
Eligible Countries: All countries
Reward: Money, Training.
Deadline: October 31, 2022
Selected Applicants will have to engage in the different required phases below:
Phase 2: Semi-Finalist – Business case build-up
Deadline: 30th October 13:00 (CEST): Semi-finalists will receive mentorship from a dedicated Ericsson team to expand their ideas further. At the end of the mentorship phase, they will be required to submit a Business Case Framework Document outlining their original idea in greater detail.
Phase 3: Grand Finale – Business case pitch
The Grand Finale Submission is also categorized into two parts.
1. Pre-Read Submission : Deadline for this is Tuesday 6th December
With the support of your mentors, you will need to submit the following:
- Evolved business case – develop the initial Business case document you submitted for Phase 2.
- Marketing Pamphlet (1 page, front and back).
- A two-minute video pitch.
2. Live PresentationWeek: This will commence 12th December 2022.
In this section, finalists will have a 20-minute slot to make a virtual presentation to the EIA Grand Jury (10 minutes dedicated to the presentation, with 10 minutes for questions).
3. Post-Competition: The winning team may be asked to meet in person or virtually with media representatives from Ericsson or other publications.
Judging overview: Ideas are assessed against three key criteria: desirability, feasibility, and viability. A matrix is used to determine a score of between 1 and 10 for each of these three criteria. The weighting of each score is different depending on the stage of the competition, so be sure to review the matrixes and criteria weighting here.
Aims and Benefits
Below are the rewards to be given to selected participants who emerge winners at the end of each section
Semi-finalists: Each of the 7 Regional Winners will receive:
- €1,000 cash prize (Including Swedish tax).
- In some cases, additional special recognition and prizes will be offered within your respective regions.
All 14 Semi-finalists – including the 7 Regional Winners – will receive:
- 8 weeks of mentorship from Ericsson experts in innovation and business.
- Recognition on Ericsson’s social and digital media.
- The possibility of being interviewed by the talent acquisition team (if any suitable positions are available at the time).
- Achievement certificate.
Finalists: All 3 Finalist teams will receive:
- An additional 4 weeks of mentorship.
- Recognition across Ericsson’s social media and digital channels.
- Cash prizes, as outlined below (including Swedish tax)
Grand Prize Winner: €25,000
2nd Place: €15,000
* 3rd Place: €5,000
Bonus: Social Media Prize: €2,000. All 3 Finalists will have their entries uploaded onto the Instagram page of @ericssoncareers.
Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!