Founded by the Obamas and Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky, the Voyager Scholarship is aimed at developing future leaders. Although they come from different origins, President Obama and Brian think that exposure to new places and experiences fosters understanding, empathy, and collaboration that empowers the next generation to make a positive impact in the world
This scholarship provides financial assistance to college students in order to help them pay off their student loans, as well as travel opportunities that will broaden their perspectives and a network of leaders and mentors to help them succeed.
Summary of Scholarships
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Obama Foundation
- Study in: Africa
- Program Period: 5 Years
- Deadline: June 14, 2022
Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through [email protected]
Coverage of Scholarships
- Financial assistance of up to $50,000
- During their junior and senior years of college, students can earn up to $25,000 per year in “last dollar” financial aid. Students should be able to pursue a career in public service as a result of this financial aid.
The Summer Cruise
- Students in their junior and senior years of college will receive a $10,000 stipend and free Airbnb housing to undertake a summer work-travel experience. During the Summer Voyage, students will design their own trip to receive exposure to other cultures and gain experience in a chosen area of study.
- a ten-year stipend for travel
- After ten years, Airbnb will give the graduates a total of $20,000 in travel credits. During their time in public service, students will be able to keep learning and meeting new people.
The Fall Summit
- Annual summits will be held in the fall to allow students to participate in shaping and inspiriting their public service career paths. They’ll meet with President Obama and Brian Chesky at the summit this fall to discuss about leadership’s need for empathy and understanding. Also, they’ll have the opportunity to meet other Voyagers and learn from guest speakers about other ways to serve the community.
Leaders in a network
- Students will get the opportunity to hear from a diverse group of thought leaders as part of the program’s ongoing speaker series. They’ll be able to learn about cutting-edge developments in their respective disciplines thanks to this network of thought leaders. When they finish college, they will join the Obama Foundation’s global network, which will provide them with Foundation resources and programming.
- All of the following requirements must be met for an applicant to be considered:
- As of Fall 2022, they intend to enroll full-time in an authorized four-year college or university in the United States for their junior year. Students that meet the following criteria are eligible for the program:
- Transferring from a two-year to a four-year institution for their junior academic year in 2022-2023 or graduating in Spring 2022.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or
- Showed a dedication to serving the public
- After graduation, you should aim to work in government.
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients must be US citizens, permanent residents, or holders of a Permanent Resident Card (DACA)
How can I apply for the Obama Foundation 2022 The Voyager Scholarship?
- Are you enthusiastic and well-qualified? Go to the Obama Foundation on learnmore.scholastic.org to apply for a scholarship
- The following must be included in your application:
- Graduation records that are up to date and complete The submission of grade reports is not permitted. Student name must be on transcripts.
- the name of the institution
- Each course’s grades and credit hours are shown here.
- In which each course was offered.
- First and Second Pages Of The Most Recently Filled 1040 Form Were Used To Completing The Financial Section Of The Application.
- If your parents or guardians list you as a dependant, you must provide financial information and a copy of their tax return (s).
- For those of you who are self-employed, please provide your financial details and a tax form.
Scholarship Official Website
For more details, visit Obama Foundation website.