The key objective of a Journalist is to gather information, write news pieces, and present the news in an honest and balanced manner. In addition to investigating and reporting on current events, You also work on articles and features that update and influence public opinion.
Get 100% prepared with IOI CBT post-UTME practice. We have curated likely questions for 2022/2023 OAU post-UTME exam to help you pass the upcoming UTME exams. Grab this opportunity to practice on our platform for free. Click here to get started to get
IOI Media wishes to inform all interested individuals of their need for competent and committed journalists to join it’s journalism team. IOI offers you the opportunity to receive training as a digital journalist through the IT medium. On completion of said internship, successful candidates will be considered for more permanent fixtures in the brand.
–Excellent command of both written and spoken English.
– Applicants must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
–Applicants must be able to handle work pressure and keep to deadlines.
–Good organization skills is required.
–Applicants must be tech savvy
–Applicants are expected to be, hardworking, accountable and observant
–Applicants are expected to partner with other journalists or editors
–Enthusiasm, Stamina and Determination are other highly appreciated skills
-Working schedules are between. (7:00am – 10:00pm) , that 15hours . As a journalist in IOI you are required to be online at least 9 hours
-You must be ready to dedicate enough time to IOI
-Also be willing to work passionately as the company isn’t promising any form of compensation
Social media requirements
- You must have an active twitter account
- You must be following major new/journalist handles on twitter and enable the notification on each handle
As an IOI journalist, your duties will include:
- interviewing people in a range of different circumstances
- building contacts in many areas to maintain a flow of news
- attending press conferences and asking questions
- attending a range of events, such as council meetings, student concert , football matches, talent contests, etc
- answering the phones on the news desk and reacting to breaking news stories
- working closely with the news team, photographers and editors
- recording interviews and meetings
- producing concise and accurate copy according to the newspaper’s house style and to strict deadlines – daily newspapers may have several each day
- writing shorter, ‘filler’ stories to entertain, and researching and writing longer feature articles, sometimes for subsidiary publications and supplements
- creating and uploading news content
- ‘live’ online reporting or real-time blogging when covering important events
–Establishing and maintaining contacts
–Gathering, and interpreting information
–Verifying statements and facts
–Conducting and hosting of interviews
–Writing, Editing and Proofreading
Interested candidate should submit their application through our email to
for further enquiries, contact
Jade – 2348133817072