Application for the Direct Short Service Commission Course 26/2022 has begun, and this notice is to alert the general public. You have until the end of May 2022 to submit your application.
Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 26/2022 and Short Service Combatant (SSC) are both available through this portal (SSC). Before submitting an application, you should read and comprehend the various sorts of commissions. The Nigerian Army (NA) is accepting applications from qualified citizens of Nigeria for appointment as officers on the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 26/2022.
Summary of Scholarships
- Level of Study: Training Service
- Institution(s): Nigeria Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC)
- Study in: Nigeria
- Program Period: 4 years
- Deadline: 25 Mar 22 – 6 May 22
Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through [email protected]
Coverage of Scholarships
- In all, DSSC will be issued for 15 years, with an initial 8 year term and annual renewals. The conversion to regular commission after 3 years may be approved. Other Service terms:
- First three years of service for DSSC officers shall be probationary.
- It is not automatic, but requires a commissioned officer to apply. A vacancy and other factors may be used to determine eligibility.
- c. Before being commissioned into the NA, all graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance of the Direct Short Service Commission terms.
- On the other hand, the date of enlistment for military candidates will be used to calculate the service time.
- e. Upon completion of military training, officers are promoted to Major with seniority.
- (Exception: medical consultants, who will be commissioned as Majors) Lieutenant cadets will get seniority upon completion of military training.
Applications should be made to any of the NA’s Corps and Services:
Nigerian Engineers These include Land Surveyor, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Marine/Water Engineering, Architecture, and Building Engineering/Technology. Professional groups like the Nigerian Society of Engineers and Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) must be registered.
AIC (Army Intelligence Corps) Any of the following degrees or HND (Lower Credit) will suffice: Crypto Linguists (Arabic), Data Analyst, Social Media Specialist, and Digital Forensics/Forensic Analysis.
- NAMCO All NA Medical Corps applicants must show proof of professional registration and current practice license. Other requirements:
Diverse Medical Consultant
Physicians (cardiologists, endocrinologists, nephrologists, and neurologists), Ophthalmologists, Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Pediatricians, and Family Medicine Physicians are also possible candidates. Applicants must additionally meet the criteria:
(a) Fellow of the Nigerian Postgraduate Medical College or equivalent.
(c) Be under 40 by July 2022
(c) Full MDCN registration for undergraduate degree and subsequent qualification registration as appropriate.
(d) Must hold a current MDCN license.
(2) Physicians (Non Consultants). Applicants must hold an MBBS/BDS degree or equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
(3) Dentists Candidate must hold a 2nd class degree and be properly registered with applicable professional organisations
Nurses. Applicants must hold a BSc (Second Class) in Pediatrics or Nephrology, or be in one of the groups listed below: The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria requires Orthopedic, Anesthetist, Registered or Psychiatric Nurses to be completely registered.
(5) RN. To apply, you must have an MSc in Nursing and be a member of the Nursing and Midwifery
(6) Medical Assistants. In either speech or occupational therapy, applicants must have a second class lower degree.
PHARMACISTS Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Pharmacy and be registered with the Nigerian Pharmacist Council
- NAFOR. Applicants must hold a BSc, B Eng, BA (Second Class Lower) or HND (Lower Credit) in one or more of the following: Textile Technology, Graphic Design, Explosive Science and Technology.
Nigerian Army Military Police Applicants must have a BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) or HND (Lower Credit) in Forensic Science or Psychology to qualify.
- NACE. Minimum of BSc (Ed) Second Class Lower in Museology, Archival Studies, or Curriculum Development/Studies. All Education Corps applicants must show proof of professional registration.
NAF Band Corps Applicants must have a BA (Second Class Lower) or HND Lower Credit or equivalent in Music with ARAM and ARCM (ARCM).
- Army Public Relations. • Strategic Communication and Public Relations, Printing Technology, Animation and Graphic Design, and Cinematography. Applicants must show proof of membership in a professional media or journalism organization.
- Islamic Affairs Direction. They should have at least a BA or B Ed (second class lower) in Hadith and Islamic Studies, Tafseer (Exegesis) and Qur’anic Science, Islamic Theology and Hadith, Islamic Propagation and Religious Studies, Islamic Theology, and Hadith from recognized Nigerian universities, Azhar University in Cairo, or Saudi University. Each applicant must provide a character reference from a respected Islamic religious organization in Nigeria. Applicants must speak Arabic and English.
- Chaplain Services (Protestant). Applicants must hold a BA (second class lower) in Divinity Theology from one of the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services’ authorized seminaries/universities (Protestant). Applicants must be from one of the 18 major Protestant groups. Soldier applicants must have 6 years of chaplaincy experience and be verified and endorsed by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant). Ordination, attestation, and certification by an ordained Bishop are required.
- Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic). Bachelor of Arts (second class lower) in Philosophy or Theology, or be an Ordained Catholic Priest from a Roman Catholic authorized seminary, associated with a NUC certified university, or Urbanian University, Rome, to apply. Applicants must be in good standing in the church and have documentation of ordination. The NA Directorate of Chaplain Services must approve applicants (Roman Catholic).
Who Can Join The Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission?
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Nigerian as specified in the Nigerian Constitution.
- Be between the ages of 20 and 30 years old. By July 2022, medical consultants may be aged 25–40.
- Be medically, psychologically, and physically fit.
- identifiable referees must be either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary, an officer of the Armed Forces not below the level of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent, or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above. Referees’ passport photos must be affixed to the letter.
- Former institutions must certify applicants.
- Males 1.68m, ladies 1.65m (for females
- No criminal convictions in any court. Applicants must be free of disciplinary cases and supported by their Commanding Officer/Commander.
- Possess a first degree with at least Second Class Lower Division or HND with at last Lower Credit from an authorized university.
- The National Population Commission, Hospital, or Local Government Council must certify the birth certificate.
- A valid state of origin certificate.
- Applicants must have a valid NYSC discharge certificate or exemption certificate.
- Professional graduates must be registered with appropriate regulating authorities recognized by Nigerian Laws before to cadet training
- Selected academic credentials from 2011 onwards will be evaluated.
- Applicants must provide authentic contact information for parents/guardians and Next of Kin.
- No body inscriptions or tattoos.
- Original copies of educational certificates (primary to post secondary).
- Service members must provide valid military ID cards and Commanding Officer/Commander recommendation letters. In addition, they must provide authentic NA sponsorship letters to universities (where applicable). They must also have served in the unit for a minimum of 5 years.
- No cult/society/fraternity membership required.
- Ability to swim is a plus.
How can I apply for Essay Competition 2022 West African Students?
(1) Visit the NA website (LINK below) and select the DSSC option.
(2) You will be led to the website with the current DSSC course qualification criteria.
(3) Select the “Apply Now” option for your qualification.
(4) At the prompt, pick if you are now serving or have previously served in the Nigerian Armed Forces.
For new accounts, click “Sign Up” (a verification email will be sent) or input your login details and log in.
(6) Fill out the form and upload the relevant documents:
a Passport photo
- b) Diplomas
- c) Proof of professional membership.
- d) Origin certificate
- e) Birth certificate or age verification
(7) Applicants should be aware that qualification options vary depending on preferred corps
- Print. Applicants must print their online photo-slip after submitting their application. Signed by the Registrar of any Court, the second page by the petitioners’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent. Successful applicants will be asked to take a written examination at a centre chosen by them or assigned. At the Examination Centres and at the interview, successful candidates would also exhibit their printed photo-slips.
Scholarship Official Website
Visit the official website Nigeria Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) to apply